Friday, April 24, 2009

Uncharted Seas: Dwarf Fleet - Test Paint

Today saw a quick-ish initial paint of a few ships in my Iron Dwarf fleet for Uncharted Seas.

The idea is to borrow from the palette of some dazzle schemes used on ships around WW2 but maintain the hard lines of the ship design rather than break them up (as would be usual with a dazzle scheme). Most dwarf ships I've seen have had a light or dark wood colour for the deck however I chose to go with a dark blue/grey washed with black - if challenged I can claim the timber is "Darkwood" :)


There's obviously more work to do but I'm happy with the scheme itself. A touch of gun metal and/or chrome on the guns and some restoration of the beige plates to make them less dirty should get them up to a point that I am happy with.

I'm contemplating air recognition circles on the turrets and decks in a contrasting colour although this will have to wait until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.