Monday, April 20, 2009

Prussians: Rossbach Uniforms

I don't like to call in sick at work (in fact I take pride in not "chucking sickies" in this job) however tonight I've been too nauseous to either lie down or walk around - although sitting upright seems to make me feel better... which is a good excuse to sit at the computer and continue my gamer "research" (hopefully my typing doesn't wake Emily up).

Koenig Krieg: Seven Years War Prussians
I've been playing around with colour schemes for my Koenig Krieg Prussian Army. These are uniforms of some regiments that took part in the battle of Rossbach (November 1757) so by choosing these colours I can rest assured that my army will not be too divergent from history. Of course most of my opponents won't know (or care) but at least I'll know!

_____________________________________________
* Musketeers: Major-general von Geist Brigade
Nr. 13 Itzenplitz Infantry
The flags are quite striking and the white lapels/cuffs on the infantry are appealing - although I'm not sure how that much white will look on the front of the model. A test paint is required!


_____________________________________________
* Musketeers: Major-general von Geist Brigade
Nr. 23 Forcade Infantry
This regiment has the classic Blue/White/Red scheme of the Prussians in this period allowing me to use these models to 'stand in' for other infantry.


_____________________________________________
* Dragoons: Seydlitz Brigade
Nr. 4 Czettritz Dragoons
The buff/straw colour of the breeches, waistcoat, collar, lapels and turnbacks give this uniform a subtle variation from the infantry whilst the red saddlecloth keeps the overall colour scheme linked back to the rest of the army.


_____________________________________________
These choices keep the army paint scheme limited to a palette of Blue, White, Red and Black with a little Beige for variation. This extends to flag colour allowing individual units to look different to each other without breaking the overall theme of the army.

Of course all of this is pending how the test models look - I may yet ditch these schemes in favour of something more exotic (such as Nr 10. Finckenstein Dragoons with their orange collar, turnbacks and saddlecloth). However for my first Seven Years War army it would be wise to stick with more conventional (or 'generic' if I may be so bold!) colour schemes.

...and now I'll try to lie down again ...poor sick me!

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.