Sunday, August 23, 2009

Warcraft: Cataclysm

I'm sure that anyone who is interested in WoW has already heard the news, but I'm so enthusiastic that I have to add to the noise regarding the next expansion (apparently it's coming around to that time again).

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm adds two new playable races; Goblins for Horde (yay!) and Worgen for Alliance (/meh). Also a few new race/class combinations are now available as outlined in the table below:

^ Click on image for a larger (readable) version

The Troll Druid is appealing as I haven't played a Druid at high level before... the idea of leveling would usually put me off a bit - but a feature of the Cataclysm is that some old zones have been reworked with rivers of lava, new towns and new quests, so grinding up from 1 will feel less like autopilot :P

As for my inevitable Goblin I'm not sure what class I'll choose - I already have a belly full of Warlock, Hunter, Mage and Shaman (this also excludes the Dwarf Shaman which is very tempting). I find Warriors too fiddly with all the stancedancing which only leaves Rogue and Priest as remaining options for my Goblin. Who knows? ...maybe I'll just roll another huntard.

In other Cataclysm news we'll finally be able to use our flying mounts in Azeroth!!! Old rumour holds that the reason we didn't get this feature with Burning Crusade was because there were graphical errors in Azeroth that could only be seen from high above the ground ~ so we weren't allowed to fly there (because that's easier than fixing them). Perhaps the Cataclysm has smashed up all these erroneous old graphics and replaced them with chasms and pools of lava that will look fine from high above?

Anyway, enough excitement about things to come - time to get back to the game as it is today.

2 comments:

  1. Goblin Huntard is the route I will be taking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word on the street is we won't see Cataclysm before November 2010 so don't reactivate your account just yet :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.