Thursday, August 20, 2009

GenCon Oz: What I'm doing

GenCon Oz: 17 September - 20 September 2009
Brisbane's big gamer convention is on again

Some folk have asked what games I'm playing this year so we can all be at the same table. Rather than retyping the answer each time the question is asked I've decided to post here for everyone. When you're searching for an event you can use the ID number provided to make sure you're in the same session as me. Note that these are sessions that I've booked and paid for so compromise will be tricky ~ however there are still many gaps in my schedule.
https://registration.genconoz.com/


02/09/09 Update: Note that I have dropped my seat in Friday's RPG00069 "Miser's Run". I'm not sure that anyone reading this is worried but if you were hoping to share a table with me for "Miser's Run" you should know that I just dropped it for an RPGA session (yes, I'm going to try RPGA again!).

05/09/09 Update: Added L5R Main Event to Saturday

{Changes in Red}


Thursday (17 Sept):
2pm-11pm RPGA00025 "Stirring the Embers"

Friday (18 Sept):
9am-12.30 RPG00028 "Shield Wall" ~ I'm always up for Feng Shui
12.30-2pm {gap}
2pm-11pm RPGA00028 "The Burning Scent of Perfumed Swords"

Saturday (19 Sept):
10am-6pm CCG00003 Legend of the Five Rings CCG "Main Event" ~ with Swiss Pairing you eventually find players of your skill level :P
6pm+ I'd like to do something here but may have to wait and see how much energy I have left after a day of cardplay; perhaps Space Hulk if I can find Mike and/or Russel.

Sunday (20 Sept):
9am-10am SEM00002 "Publishing your own RPG in Australia"
10am-2pm MIN00029 "Reaper Miniatures Demo"
3pm-5pm CMG00203 "World of Warcraft Minis Promo"

^ I don't think the Sunday demo/promo games will run as long as advertised - it looks more like eager exhibitors grabbing a large block of time... although I could be wrong - it may be a very long pitch!


♦ I wanted to play Chris' "Valley of Diamonds" so I can see how it looks now (having playtested it months ago) but I've managed to block myself from all of his sessions. You kids should play it though - it's 4th ed D&D but don't let that put you off.
♦ I was hoping for Munchkin Quest but this may be something that I'll have to bring myself for friends.
♦ I'd like to have a look at the Classic Battletech tables (for old time's sake) and the 40k Apocalypse tables (to see if anyone brings a Titan) but there should be plenty of free time for that.
♦ Oh, and Steve Dee has promised something to do with the new edition of Warhammer RPG although I suspect this may be left to the last minute :P

4 comments:

  1. ((Troy sez: I'm copying Leonard's comment from the Facebook thread in the hope of moving the discussion over here))

    Just quickly back to the original topic. I know discussions on this topic have said they consider GenCon Oz to be a different kind of gaming convention to what we've been used to, and that schedules should remain kinda event free to allow for flexibility in engaging with the awesomeness. However, does it concern anyone that not signing up to support the RPG events may mean the organisers in future years could decide to dedicate even more resources to the electronic arena, and, god forbid, RPGA and less to the old stand alone tabletop and LARP events?

    Discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still wondering why you aren't keen to play Warhammer, Troy? I thought it was right up your alley.

    Steve D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Warhammer roleplay but I'm a bit standoffish about LARPs; being ex-Camarilla and all that. I don't even go to costume parties these days (with the exception of that one time I got to wear a Napoleonic uniform, but I digress).

    Having said that I suspect your LARP will be awesome. Other games you've run have been heaps of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Camarilla has MUCH to answer for. It has poisoned so many wells.

    SteveD

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.