Saturday, January 30, 2010

Combat Mission II

Sometimes you find yourself playing an old computer game that you once loved many years ago. Marc rediscovered Combat Mission and with no prodding at all I found myself back in the commander's seat - setting waypoints and seeking hull-down positions!

We've been playing head-to-head when we are both free (my sleeping patterns make this difficult) and otherwise indulging in a few concurrent email battles - I'd also forgotten the delight of finding fresh turns in my inbox :)

King Tiger puts a shot into a nearby lend-lease halftrack
and against all odds it survives! Marc's halftracks have
been doing surprisingly well this match


Jagdtiger puts a round into the side of an IS-2 and knocks it out

Plans are still floating around for our painting and terrain-making session for non-computer WW2 gaming. My nightshift work/sleep pattern makes it tricky to find a time that suits both of us but we are both enthusiastic about the period and I am amused by the idea of having three different WW2 games on the boil at once (Combat Mission, War at Sea and Flames of War).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.