Friday, December 25, 2009

Yuletide Loot

Today is Christmas ~ the most 'gamerish' present I got was from Marc who gave me a starter box for Axis & Allies: War at Sea.

We're both a bit burnt-out with regard to collectable games but War at Sea looks like it will be fun with just a little investment, I don't think either of us will dump loads of cash into booster after booster hoping to pull power rares... unlike other collectable games we have indulged in!

From memory Ace Comics in the city have a sale on Boxing Day so I might grab a few boosters if they are cheap, but unless we both think War at Sea is the best thing ever the collection probably won't go much further than this.

It's a good idea for a present - something casual and fun we can have a muck-around with.

Other interesting presents for the gamer-inclined included a Hellboy comic and a book about Tanks. There was other stuff including engraved pens, chocolate, cacti, bonsai, Mighty Boosh and loads of other loot but these are less directly related to gaming and I should remind myself to remain true to the purpose of this blog; to report gaming.

However before I sign off I'll indulge a little further in the world of non-gaming if you'll allow; Emily and I became engaged on Christmas Eve! I have suggested a "Napoleonic" theme for our wedding (perhaps just for the groom's party) although this is still a long way off.

Overall a rather nice haul of goodies for Yuletide 09

1 comment:

  1. Sadly no War at Sea available at Ace and the only stock I could find in the city was not on sale. So, off to eBay for some singles and some online shops for boosters! It's less satisfying than bringing them home and cracking them open - but at least the price is (much!) better.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.