Thursday, September 10, 2009

eBay frustration

A week ago I ordered (and paid for) a bunch of Legend of the Five Rings cards to build a goblin deck for Gencon Oz; $20 from someone in the US and $50 from a guy in Spain. The timing is a bit tight for International post *but* if the sellers are quick I have a good chance of getting them just in time. Instead...

US Seller: Has not marked items as sent yet, has not responded to my question regarding this.

Spanish Seller: Took almost a week to provide an invoice for combined shipping and only answered my question regarding expedited shipping yesterday (thus negating any advantage of it being expedited!). As if that wasn't bad enough - today I received an email advising that he has run out of stock of about half the items I ordered and offered to provide either Spanish language copies or a refund. Perhaps it wouldn't bother me so much - but I have now run out of time to find an alternate source thanks to all this slackness.

What's with the chain-dragging? Have eBay sellers become suddenly slack or are my expectations too high?

To be fair I may be more sensitive to slow action due to the looming Gencon Oz and the reality that I won't have my cards in time for it... my reason for starting to play L5R was so I could play the game at Gencon Oz (not necessarily after it, although this is still an option of course) and due to the stuffing around I won't be able to play with a competitive deck.

Result: Fail.

1 comment:

  1. As suspected the cards arrived on the Monday immediately AFTER the weekend of Gencon Oz. I can only assume it was my destiny to *not* play L5R at the convention, instead trawling through RPGA modules.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.